John S. Pyle
● Knox County, Ohio, Public Defender (2017 to present)
● Partner, Gold & Pyle LPA (formerly, Gold, Rotatori, & Schwartz Co. L.P.A.), (1981 to 2016)
● Assistant U.S. Attorney, Northern District of Ohio (1978 - 81)
● Assistant County Prosecutor, Criminal Trial Division, Cuyahoga County, Ohio (1974 - 78)
● VISTA Volunteer - Cleveland Legal Aid Society (1974)
● B.A., Hiram College (1969)
● J.D., Case Western Reserve University (1974)
● 1969-1970 Specialist E-5 in United States Army (Vietnam Veteran)
● Co-author, Vol. 4 Criminal Law, Katz & Giannelli, West Publishing, 1995
● Adjunct Faculty Member, Case Western Reserve University School of Law,1993-1995
● Adjunct Assistant to Cleveland Marshall College of Law Trial Advocacy Program, 1988-1989
● Speaker at numerous seminars sponsored by the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, including the 2001 Death Penalty Seminar and the 2001 Child Sexual Abuse Seminar.
● Speaker at numerous seminars sponsored by the Ohio State Bar Association,including the 2001 Evidence Seminar.
● Speaker at numerous seminars sponsored by the National Business Institute, including the 2000 and 2001 seminars on Ethics, Professionalism and Substance Abuse and the 1999 Seminar on Legal Writing for Paralegals.
● Speaker at numerous seminars sponsored by the Cleveland Bar Association, including the 1984 through 1989 Cleveland Trial Advocacy Institute seminars, the Practice and Procedure Clinics and Criminal Walk-Thru Programs.
● Speaker at various Federal Bar Association seminars, including the 1987 seminar concerning the implementation of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
● Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
● Member, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Chairman of Amicus Committee, 1991-1997
● Member, Cuyahoga County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
● Member, Ohio State Bar Association
● Member, Cleveland Bar Association - Member of the Board of Trustees from 1984-1987 and Chairman of the Criminal Law Committee in 1984
● Member of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers - Chairman of the Criminal Law Section from 1985-1987.
● Member of the Advisory Group of the U. S. District Court for the Northern
● District of Ohio, 1999 to the present.
● Life Member of the Eighth District Judicial Conference
● Past member of the Ohio Supreme Court’s Rule 35 Committee which certifies death penalty seminars and lawyers who are eligible for assignments in death penalty cases.
● Member, Legal Aid Society of Greater Cleveland
● SuperLawyers profile: Click Here
● Recognized as one of 19 of the best Criminal Defense Lawyers for the State of Ohio by Best Lawyers of America, 1999-2000
● Attorney General's Special Commendation Award (1980)
● Justice Department Special Commendation Award (1980)